Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fauna and a Flower Question

A week or so ago I mentioned the various flowers that were blooming around our part of Jerusalem. I really like this one (photo courtesy of Ariela) but don't know it's name. PLEASE HELP.
Now for the wild fauna rundown; ferule cats which look very hard and thoughtful, doves and magpies (I think, big crow-like critters with white and grey and black) lizards -- big and small -- a fat spider on a stone wall that looked like a diminutive tarantula which freaked out Ariela (and me if we are being honest). The Eisenberg girls found a dead snake in the park which they showed me on a stick and then returned to its natural habitat. They promised to keep me updated on its progress. There are many little dogs and a few big shaggy ones that are suffering in the heat, as am I. And so off to the deep bath. J

No comments: